Entertaining tour around Zernez and over Costetta from where you can see over the whole village.
Distance 6.8 km
This circular hike of up to 7 km around Zernez can be started from various points. It leads around the entire village up to the church of San Bastian and Costetta, from where you can enjoy the magnificent view of the snow-covered holiday village. This winter hiking trail is ideal for a leisurely walk and can also be done with children, as the hike can be interrupted at any time.
Zernez is fascinating not only as the gateway to the National Park, but also with its authentic Engadine architecture and way of life.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: March 02, 2022
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report.
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez is directly on the Engadine road H27 (15 minutes from Vereina south portal)
- Free parking available at the Center da Sport (Urtatsch 147A)
- Free parking at the PP Allosai on Via Suot
32T 583767 5172220
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view