Via Engiadina panoramic hike: Hike in four stages along the Via Engiadina winter hiking trail from Zernez to Sent.
Distance 46.8 km
The high-altitude hike leads from Zernez railway station through the village to Susch. After crossing the village and crossing more fields, the next Engadine village of Lavin is reached. The hike continues on the sunny side of the valley through original Engadine villages such as Guarda, Ardez or Sent. Along the way you enjoy varied day hikes and magnificent panoramic views of the Lower Engadine Dolomites.
Highlights along the route are the castle hill of the Steinsberg ruin in Ardez or a toboggan ride at the Ftan-Prui chairlift.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: May 12, 2022
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be observed before starting.
- The trail passes through wildlife rest areas, please do not leave forest trails.
- The trail runs partly on cross-country ski trails and ski slopes - please walk along the edge of the trails/slopes.
- The km figures for the route include the ascent Scuol – Motta Naluns.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com/via-engiadina-winter
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez is located directly on the Ofenpass and on the Engadine road H27 (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
- Free parking at the railway station, in the village and at the National Park Visitor Centre in Zernez.
- Paid parking at the railway station in Lavin or at the Hotel Bär & Post in Zernez.
32T 583355 5172169
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
- 4 Stages
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view