Hike for ambitious walkers
Distance 7.3 km
This path raises in a zigzag pattern from Tschiertschen all the way up the mountain. It passes the Hühnerköpfen (chicken heads) on 2,000 metres above altitude, descents shortly across the Gruben only to ascents again the last climp to the mountain house Joch.
Update: February 23, 2019
Getting thereIn Chur, follow the Malixerstrasse until you reach the Araschgerrank, from where you follow the signs to Tschiertschen.
ParkingThe parking spaces in Tschiertschen are marked.
32T 546266 5185079
EquipmentSturdy shoes, winter hiking sticks are beneficial
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view