Quiet and comfortable forest tour in the snowy forest. Fun for the whole family.
Distance 5.7 km
The leisurely hike through the natural forest starts in Laax Staderas where there is a parking lot as well as a post bus and shuttle bus stop. So the car can be left at home. This circular walk is easy and suitable for the whole family from young to old. Half way there is a restaurant, which invites you to linger.
The restaurant Straussennest seduces with its Italian-inspired cuisine to linger.
Update: November 01, 2021
Rest StopPizzeria Cristallina
Safety informationNote the bus connections.
Tips and hintsGuest information Flims Laax Falera
Via Nova 62
Phone: +41 (0) 81 920 92 00
You can find out whether a tour is open or closed under the following link: https://live.flimslaax.com/hiking-cross-country-skiing
Getting thereBy car Motorway A13 from Zurich, exit 18 direction Flims.
ParkingParking with 22 parking spaces at Laax Staderas.
32T 520644 5185391
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view