Medium-difficulty tour from Scuol up to the scenic Vastur towards Sent. The view here stretches from the border triangle in the southeast over Sent, the Lower Engadine Dolomites of the Sesvenna and Pisoc group to Scuol and Tarasp and far into the distance to Guarda and Lavin.
Distance 9 km
From Scuol Hospital, follow the signs to Sent until you reach the signpost to Pazos. The path turns left and after two bends passes a farm. Follow this road and continue to Pazos. From here the tour follows the signs to Vastur, always ascending. Continue over snow-covered marshland until you reach the farm and the Vastur restaurant, the highest point of the hike. The view here stretches from the border triangle in the southeast over Sent, the Lower Engadine Dolomites of the Sesvenna and Pisoc group to Scuol and Tarasp and far into the distance to Guarda and Lavin. From Vastur you descend via two hairpin bends to the entrance of Val da Muglins, turn right here and return via Chauennas to the starting point at the hospital in Scuol. Alternatively, from Val da Muglins you can take the road straight on to Sent and from there the PostBus to Scuol (Clozza stop).
It is recommended to take a few minutes in Scuol and walk through the village with its wide squares.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: March 10, 2022
Safety informationThe trail is not groomed. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hints
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking at the station and below the hospital
32T 599581 5183788
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view