Easy, mostly flat winter hike through the forest along the Inn to Nairs, past the Büvetta drinking hall back to Scuol. The path runs mostly on winter paths.
Distance 3.3 km
From the PostBus stop Posta, walk toward the west and turn left next to the visitor information desk, following the road further west until you arrive in Scuol Brentsch. After about 300m along the road and with a view of the Cutüraplana plain, the winter hiking trail branches off to the left. Follow a slightly downhill path through the forest and along the left bank of the Inn River back onto the road to Nairs. Passing the small drinking hall, you can catch a glimpse of the "Büvetta" on the right side of the Inn, the former drinking hall, which is now closed due to the danger of falling rocks. Shortly afterwards, you will find yourself standing in front of the former bathhouse. The splendid building with art nouveau elements bears witness to the centre of Scuol as a spa and mineral water tourism resort at the beginning of the 20th century. Today Nairs plays an important role as a cultural centre for Swiss and international contemporary art. After traversing the underpass, the path rises slightly, first through the forest and then along the train tracks to Scuol station.
AuthorEngadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair (nm)
Update: September 02, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.engadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- Paid parking spaces at the railway station in Scuol
- free parking spaces "Porta" and "Punt" in Scuol Sot
- chargeable parking spaces at the mountain railways
- chargeable parking spaces at the Coop (underground car park)
32T 598689 5183021
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view