Schellen-Ursli Trail, Guarda - Plan dal Növ (Return Route)
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
Guarda, the Schellen-Ursli village in the Lower Engadine.Photo: Dominik Täuber, Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
On the way you can read the first half of the Schellen-Ursli children's book on large boards. When you arrive at «Plan dal Növ», the «Maiensäss» awaits you with the entire book and you can finish the story.
To return we recommend a sledge ride just like Schellen-Ursli took in the book.
Sledges can be rented at Hotel Meisser in Guarda.
By sledge back from «Plan dal Növ» to Guarda.
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be taken into account before starting.
Attention: At the beginning of the trail (after the last farm in Lavin) there is a barrier that closes the winter hiking trail in case of avalanches. Do not under any circumstances enter the trail when the barrier is closed.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- Guarda cumün, from the bus stop in the direction of Volg follow the road straight on up to Guarda Pitschen
- In Guarda Pitschen follow the road straight aheadAfter 600m follow the road into a bend to the right
- Continue along the story boards of the Schellen-Ursli book, climbing steadily until you reach the clearing «Plan dal Növ» with the «Maiensäss» after approx. 1.6 km.
- Whether by sledge or on foot, the way back is the same.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or from Scuol) hourly to Guarda, staziun
- Direct PostBus connection from Guarda, staziun to Guarda, cumün (attention: irregular PostBus connection)
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Guarda can be reached from the Engadine road H27 at Giarsun in approx. 5 minutes (10 minutes drive from Veraina south portal)
- Paid parking spaces at the entrance to Guarda
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles, as needed: sledge for the return trip.
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others