Short hike along the piste to the mountain restaurant Chamanna Naluns.
Distance 3.9 km
From the top station of the Scuol-Motta Naluns gondola lift, turn left along the pink-coloured winter hiking signs. Shortly afterwards you begin your ascent towards the mountain restaurant Chamanna Naluns. The path winds steadily uphill, along the piste and the snow park, where you can admire the jumps in the fun park. Just before reaching Chamanna Naluns, a slope has to be crossed before you arrive at the mountain restaurant with its sun terrace. Take the same route to return to the top station.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG (dt)
Update: December 17, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass, along the Lower Engadine to Scuol.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- Paid parking at the railway station and at the mountain railways in Scuol
32T 597044 5184954
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view