Once the Belvedere Tower was a castle, today an idyllic footpath leads through the Swiss stone pine forest around the tower, which is a landmark looking down into the Bregaglia Valley.
Distance 2.1 km
A beautiful short circular route leads from the "Maloja Posta" bus station up to Torre Belvedere, which stands alone in what is now a nature reserve area. Once the castle of the Belgian Count Renesse, who wanted to turn Maloja into a top holiday resort at the beginning of the 20th century, only the tower remains today. From here, the path winds its way further through high moors, past glacial pools and through Swiss stone pine groves. A short stretch along the road leads back to the starting point.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Refreshment stops: Hotel Restaurant Longhin, Hotel Restaurant Schweizerhaus.
AuthorBregaglia Engadin Turismo
Update: April 29, 2021
Safety informationEasy to walk without any danger.
Tips and hintsBregaglia Engadin Turismo
+41 81 822 15 55
32T 553458 5139130
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view