A beautiful round tour via the canal path to Sporz and back to Lenzerheide.
Distance 8.4 km
The sunny and open canal path passes by many resting benches with views of the Albula valley. At the Sporz junction, a steep path leads up to Sporz. Below the Maiensäss Hotel Guarda Val, turn onto the beautiful and snow-covered winter hiking trail, cross the Cresta ski lift track, continue to the Val Sporz car park and back to the village or take the free sports bus on the blue/red line.
Admire the icicles along the way.
Stop at Guarda Val for coffee and cake - it's worth it.
Update: November 05, 2021
32T 542626 5174969
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view