The winter hiking trail is groomed and lit on Thursdays (from 12/24/20) and Saturdays (from 12/26/20) from 18:00 - 21:00.
Distance 3.6 km
The snow crunches underfoot, the more than 300 Sonnenglas® lanterns shine through the winter night and the deeply snow-covered landscape radiates peace and security. Feel the magic of the region and forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life for a short time. The winter hike is also suitable for families with children and offers unforgettable experiences. Clear the stage for memories that last!
Small round around the Muotta and the Parc la Mutta before it gets dark.
Update: November 09, 2021
Rest Stop*[d] Restaurant La Siala
Safety informationWith the last Flims Laax Falera Shuttle (101) to Falera and back on foot.Last trips from Laax Posta 17:20 and 18:10.
Tips and hintsWinterplan: https://www.flimslaax.com/fileadmin/Daten/Dokumente/PDF_flimslaax.com/Guides/Winterwanderplan_DE_EN.pdf
Getting thereBy car Motorway A13 from Zurich, exit 18 Flims. Via Laax to Falera.
ParkingParking lot with 200 parking spaces at the beginning village.Chargeable in winter (coins required).
32T 517788 5182927
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentFootwear suitable for winter.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view