Leisurely winter hike into Val Tuoi with views of the Silvretta peaks. The wide forest road initially leads over the open southern slope with a view of the valley floor and then slightly above the Clozza to God Vallatscha.
Distance 4.9 km
The tour begins with the steady ascent from Guarda over the open southern slope. Here you have a view into the western valley entrance of the Lower Engadine as far as Susch. After reaching the valley entrance of Val Tuoi, the path, still slightly ascending, leads along the left side of the valley slightly above Clozza. From here you can catch a glimpse of Piz Buin, whose 3312-metre-high peak rises into the blue sky at the end of the valley. The path leads first along the edge of the forest of God Vallatscha to Perlas and then a short stretch through the middle of the forest before coming to an end. Before returning, you can enjoy the view of the Silvretta peaks once more, as well as the Dreiländerspitze on the far right at the end of the valley. You return to Guarda along the same route.
The beautiful houses and alleyways of Guarda inspired Selina Chönz and Alois Carigiet to write their children's book Schellen-Ursli and helped the village win the Henri-Louis Wakker Prize in 1975.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG (nm)
Update: December 17, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
- 144 Emergency call, first aid
- 1414 Mountain rescue REGA
- 112 International emergency call
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Guarda can be reached in 5 minutes by car from the Engadin road H27 at Giarsun.
- Paid parking at the entrance to Guarda village
- Free parking at Guarda railway station, staziun
32T 587987 5180868
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
Weather at the route's trailhead
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view