Relaxed hike through the wintery forest to the viaduct
Distance 7.6 km
The trail passes along the tracks through the forest from Arosa down the Schanfigg valley towards Litzirüti. Shortly after Litzirüti the path descents to the shore of the Plessur river from where you have an incredible view on the viaduct.
Geniessen Sie in Litzirüti einen kulinarischen Stopp.
Update: February 02, 2020
Tips and hintsThe return journey by the Rhaetian Railway is not free of charge.
Getting thereFollow the signalisation from Chur direction Arosa.
ParkingPark your car in the parking lot Ochsenbühl, which is situated right next to the sports- and conference centre Arosa.
32T 551868 5181289
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view