The route runs along the old Roman road, through a gully and onto the sunny plain of Suallas. After the hamlet of Allago, the trail turns south and leads towards the historic Septimer Pass along the foot of the local mountain, Roccabella. From the Mott’Eta hill (1,944 m above sea level), the highest point on the route, there is a wonderful view of Bivio, an idyllic village known as the «jewel on Julier». The route now descends to the hamlet of Motalla in the Val Tgavretga, where it crosses the Eva dal Sett river over a small bridge. It continues downhill via Tua and back to the starting point.
There are several benches along the trail where hikers can enjoy magnificent views of the village, the Val Tgavretga and the imposing Roccabella. The hiking tour is something for nature lovers, who enjoy the peace.
Bitte das aktuelle Lawinenbulletin beachten.
Tips and hintsMarked trail
Getting thereWith car until Bivio
ParkingBehind Hotel Guidon with costs
EquipmentGute Winterschuhe und warme Winterbekleidung sind zu empfehlen.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.