Once you have arrived at the Edelweisshütte, you can take a break and recover on the large sun terrace. Those who want to continue with the climb can also take a detour to the Malixeralp. The direct way back from the hut to the Brambrüesch is a little steeper. Anyone bringing along children can pull them up on a sled and then dare a fast-paced downhill run to the mountain station.
In addition, there is a special theme trail for children: Brambi, the squirrel from the illustrated book by Anita Hächler and Mike Wielath, accompanies the children telling stories and showing illustrations on boards along the entire loop trail.
Motorway exit Chur South
Drive into town (Kasernenstrasse)
Bottom station and parking lot are on the right hand side before the city centre
ParkingGuests of the Chur Cableways park free of charge in the Stadthalle car park near the valley station. For this purpose, the number of the control plate must be indicated at the ticket office!
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.