The starting point of this round tour is the municipal building of Lantsch/Lenz. From there, the route takes you through the beautiful «Tgampi» area and to the Roland Arena Lenzerheide, where regularly international competitions in Biathlon and cross country skiing are held.
There, the cantonal street is crossed and the winter hiking trail to the altitude Rofna followed. The slightly ascending walk to Rofna leads mostly through a snowy forest landscape. Once you have arrived, you will have a wonderful view of the Oberhalbstein and the Heinzenberg.
From Rofna the descent into open terrain leads to the Lenzer ski lift and then back to the village. The attractions of Lantsch / Lenz include three churches, of which the church of Virgin Mary is particularly interesting. The graveyard with its wrought burial crosses is one of the most beautiful in Europe. In addition, two well-preserved washing and baking houses can be visited, which give insight into the past village culture.
Getting thereFollow the road to lenzerheide and continue to Lantsch/Lenz.
A cross from the municiple buildung of Lantsch/Lenz
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.