The Paradis & Pischa trail offers some of the best views of the Bernina Massive as well as a contrasting vast rocky landscape with high mountain lakes.
Distance 14.2 km
The route works well in both directions, each with a different feel and flavour, but whatever the direction, it is well worthwhile stopping at Paradis hut to refuel with a fine piece of Engadin cake and a view ready to devour! From the Gemeinde- und Kulturzentrum, the tourist information centre in the heart of Pontresina, head to the church of Santa Maria before starting to ascend the Röntgen Weg. In the spring and early summer, you may encounter a friendly bunch of Ibex along the way; with a delightful trail zigzagging up the mountainside through a pine forest, you can see why the local wildlife love this spot! On reaching the open pastures below Alp Languard the trail then heads up along the gentle ridge to Paradis Hut. Take some time to enjoy the views before continuing the climb to Fuorcla Pischa via the crystal waters of Lej Languard. The rocky landscape surrounding Fuorcla Pischa then opens up before you, an unexpected yet intimate landscape with shallow glistening lakes dotted around. Take it easy on the steep descent into Val da Fain whilst enjoying the views of Piz Bernina to your right. Although Bernina Diavolezza is a good stopping point after a solid day’s running, if you are still feeling energetic take the marked paths down Val Bernina over Morteratsch back to Pontresina instead of hopping on the train.
From Pontresina the Alp Languard chairlift leads up to Alp Languard.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: April 29, 2021
Safety informationFar into June, snow can still be expected at Fuorcla Pischa. Sure-footedness and a head for heights are required.
32T 569271 5149205
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view