To the mountain high above St. Moritz with a panoramiv view
Distance 11.7 km
The tour starts at the Ovaverva indoor swimming pool. Behind the swimming pool, turn right and behind the playground (on the right-hand side) turn into the forest towards Piz Mezdi/Ova Cotschna. Here the trail heads steeply uphill through a dense forest along narrow and wider forest roads. The path divides at a signpost with a bench; turn right here and continue uphill through the “jungle” towards Piz Mezdi/Ova Cotschna (from here on there is only a single trail). In this section, there is a stream, and dense bushes create a warm/humid climate. The stones along this trail are mostly very slippery – so take care! Once you have reached the tree line, you are treated to a breathtaking view over the Engadin high valley. The trail now leads upwards along a narrow, strongly winding track. After a while, you reach a small plateau with a signpost. Here the path branches off to the right towards Ova Cotschna (to the left it goes to the Piz Mezdi) and leads past two or three smaller lakes. After one last short ascent, you will already find yourself standing on the Ova Cotschna, where you can delight in the spectacular view. The route back down to the valley is the same as where you came up.
A "side trip" to Piz Mezdi is worthwhile.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: May 10, 2021
32T 564187 5148241
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view