On the descent to Pontresina, you can enjoy refreshments in the Chamanna Paradies hut or the Bergrestaurant Alp Languard. Once you have left the mountaineering village of Pontresina, on the same level as the train station you enter the pretty Val Roseg. In front of the Hotel Restaurant Val Roseg, the path turns right and climbs up to the Fuorcla Surlej, offering views of the Vadret da Roseg lake and the Bianco ridge of the Piz Bernina on the left. After the Fuorcla Surlej, the trail descends 200 vertical metres to the tiny Lej da la Fuorcla lake and traverses the mountain flank to Alp Prasüra and down to the culture village of Sils. The route then leads past the church in Sils Baselgia to the left side of the valley along the Via Engiadina, past the Heidi village of Grevasalvas to Maloja.
Safety informationIn June there may still be snow at higher altitudes.
In the mountains, mobile phone reception cannot be guaranteed everywhere.
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.