Depending on snow and visibility conditions, the sled run is open daily from 9.00am to 4.00pm from mid-January to the end of the season.
Don't have your own sled? No problem! Toboggans can be rented at the Rent Station Chastlatsch: T +41 81 854 13 17.
Prices for transport (Chastlatsch chairlift): CHF 8.00 per ride, free with ski pass.
Toboggan run report: www.engadin.ch/en/slopes-tracks/tobogganing-runs/
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.