This leisurely toboggan run takes sledgers from the legendary Schatzalp, a former mountain spa resort, through the magical forest and down to Davos.
Distance 2.3 km
From Davos Platz, the Schatzalp funicular takes four minutes to reach the historic Schatzalp, situated 300 vertical metres above the village. The south-facing terrace boasts a peaceful wintry atmosphere and a fantastic view. The panorama draws the eye across Davos and the side valleys, tempting visitors to dream of days gone by. The sledging fun that follows is tinged with nostalgia and romance, especially as the route runs through the snowy pine forest. With a bit of luck, tobogganers may see a squirrel poking its little nose out of a pile of snow. There are 18 bends in total on the way through the magical forest back to Davos Platz. The run is just under three kilometres long and always well lit in the evening. It's also wide enough for all sledging fans – including children – to enjoy themselves at their leisure.
32T 562030 5183379
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view