Over eight kilometres of fun for the whole family: this long toboggan run starts on the Saaseralp and winds its way through the forest with a view over the Prättigau.
Distance 8.3 km
The Madrisa cable car takes sledgers from Klosters Dorf to the Saaseralp (1,887 m above sea level). Starting right next to the mountain station, the toboggan run mostly winds its way through the forest. It runs past Chlein and Gross Alpbach and the Ragoztobel, leading to the small settlements of Unterplangga and Flersch. Those who take a little more time can admire the wonderful view of the Prättigau valley. Afterwards, the final section runs down to Saas im Prättigau, a homely village on a hill that consists largely of grand, sunburnt wooden houses. These were rebuilt in 1735 after a fire in the village. The village's reformed church is a listed building from the late Gothic period and the top of its tower, visible from far and wide, was also built in 1735. After a tour of the village, the postbus takes sledgers back to Klosters from the village square in Saas.
32T 565841 5194650
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view