With the settlement on the west side of Lenzerheide, individual families and religious donated intimate sites of devotion. They stand in places like rocky edges, dangerous stretches, or in remote hamlets to protect them against misfortune and danger. They testify to the gratitude and the interest of the local population.
On the east side of the Lenzerheide holiday region respectively the community Vaz/Obervaz, there are no chapels, because the settlement of the main fractions Lain, Muldain and Zorten ran out and large parts of the forest area belonged to Lantsch / Lenz.
Various hikes lead past the different chapels.
Tips and hintsDie Wanderung ist auch für Familien geeignet.
From Basel and Zurich - Chur Sued (exit no. 17) - Lenzerheide.
From Milano - Lugano - San Bernadino Tunnel - Thusis - Chur (exit Lenzerheide) - Lenzerheide.
Parking is available in the large car park between public sports area and Sunstar Alpine Hotel in Lenzerheide.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.