The Ibex Promenade is a one-kilometre hiking trail suitable for prams and featuring seven stops with entertaining information for children and grown-ups on the nature of ibices, their habitat and geographical presence.
Distance 1.2 km
The Promenade is accessible all year. Remember: from the beginning of April through the beginning of June, free guided tours of the exciting world of ibices (of approx. one-and-a-half hour's duration) will be available on Tuesdays and Fridays. With temperatures beginning to rise from the month of June, the ibices are going to withdraw to higher altitudes, and Pontresina will switch over to offering free guided marmot and ibex tours in July and August. Remember to discover Pontresina's Ibex Paradise. www.pontresina.ch/ibex-paradise
Remember to discover Pontresina's Ibex Paradise. www.pontresina.ch/ibex-paradise
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: May 25, 2021
32T 569776 5148890
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view