A pleasant climb up through the Val Segnas with views of the Medel glacier.
Distance 3.9 km
Because the village of Segnas was spared from being burnt down when the French attacked in 1799, the old farmhouses - now several hundred years old - were preserved. Many of them have been lovingly restored. The pretty chapel is also worth a visit. It was dedicated to the plague saints Rochus and Sebastian, because in 1637 the Black Death raged in the village.The scenery through which the trail passes, however, is entirely white! It starts at the top end of the village. It's worth taking a quick look at the noticeboard in Segnas to find out about the route before you set off. At first, you are advised to be careful, because the Val Segnas is a popular off-piste descent from the skiing area. However, soon the trail plunges into the forest – and silence reigns.The trail winds gradually higher and higher in smooth bends. From time to time, between the tall pines, you glimpse Piz Muraun or the Medel glacier. By the time you reach the upper limit of the forest, you can already see the Panoramic Restaurant in Caischavedra. And it lives up to its name: in clear weather you can see right down into the Surselva. Then you can enjoy a leisurely ride down in the cable car.
Wer es gemütlicher mag, macht die Tour in umgekehrter Richtung und geniesst zuerst eine Bergfahrt mit der Luftseilbahn.
Die Tour kann entlang der Skipiste bis nach Gendusas ausgedehnt werden. Für Speis und Trank wird in der Bar Nevada gesorgt.
Update: December 24, 2021
Safety informationThe winter season is usually from mid-December to mid-April.
Tips and hintsSnow condition: www.disentis3000.ch
Getting thereBy car from Zurich and Chur to Disentis. Further in direction Oberalppass. Turn right to Segnas
ParkingParking places beside the road
32T 487048 5171209
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view