The route on the sunny side of Lake Sils surprises with great views on the Engadin and Bregaglia Valley.
Distance 6.1 km
From Plaun da Lej you follow partly the farm road that connects Grevasalvas with the world even in winter. In the small hamlet you turn south-west and follow the last part of the Engadin High Altitude Trail. On the same path you return to Plaun da Lej.
In Plaun da Lej the restaurant "Murtaröl" offers a fabulous fish cuisine, which is famous throughout the Engadin. The excursion is worthwhile!
AuthorBregaglia Engadin Turismo
Update: April 29, 2021
32T 555815 5141082
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view