This marked and secured snowshoe route leads as a round tour from the Heid in Klosters Platz up to the fantastically situated Restaurant Alpenrösli and then via Riedmad as well as along the Talbach back to the starting point.
Distance 4.1 km
The Alpenrösli Trail starts on the Heid in Klosters Platz and leads first uphill over Madrals and Pardels to the highest point of the tour - the beautifully situated mountain restaurant Alpenrösli. Here it is recommended to enjoy the view on the sunny terrace and to fortify yourself with fine delicacies. Strengthened, the trail goes down to Riedmad and then slightly up again to the Talbach. In the last section, the trail leads along the Talbach back to the starting point, where the beautiful snowshoe tour ends after about 2.15 hours.
At the starting and finishing point there are public parking lots as well as a bus stop (Kath. Kirche, Klosters).
Update: December 10, 2021
Safety informationPlease be aware of the safety instructions for winter hikers, snowshoers and alpinists.
Getting thereBy car to Klosters
- Route 28 Landquart - Klosters
ParkingPublic parking spaces/parking garages in Klosters
32T 567074 5191474
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view