Engadin Radmarathon - Route
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
This route passes through an inaccessible area and is therefore closed. Current information
Note: Dogs are not allowed in the Swiss National Park, not even on a leash. Further information and all protection regulations can be found at www.nationalpark.ch/en/visit/hiking/protection-regulations/.
Safety informationThe pass roads are well frequented, especially at weekends
Tips and hintsrad-marathon.ch
The 13-kilometre descent to Davos is fast and demanding. The route continues downhill through the Landwasser Valley - only just 30 kilometres after the Flüela is there another short but steep climb to Davos Wiesen, before another fast descent brings the participants to the lowest point of the Engadin Cycling Marathon, Alvaneu Bad. There, at 957 metres, the real challenge of the Engadin Cycling Marathon begins, fortified by another refreshment station. At 2312 metres, the Albula Pass is not quite as high as the Flüela, but its 26 kilometres hardly leave any time to catch one's breath - especially since, in addition to the climb, the route along the Albula line of the Rhaetian Railway, also part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, is breathtaking.
On the Albula, 30 kilometres before the finish, there is the last refreshment of the day, followed by the descent "home". First on the tracks of the Tour de Suisse through the larches of the Engadine to La Punt, then on the Engadine road via Zuoz and S-chanf down to Zernez for the big reception at the finish area of the Engadine Cycling Marathon.
- By train (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from Upper-Engadine or from Scuol) hourly to Zernez
- By post bus (from Mals and Val Müstair) hourly to Zernez
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Zernez is located directly on the Ofenpass and on the Engadine road H27 (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal.
- free parking at the station Zernez
- free parking below the national parc visitor centre
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others