Uina-Bernina Bike-Tour. Stage 2, Sta. Maria - Livigno
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
Uina-Bernina Bike-Tour. Etappe 2, Sta. Maria - LivignoPhoto: Andrea Badrutt, Chur, Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Track typesShow elevation profile
Safety informationOn high sections, snowfields are possible until the summer months.
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that current weather conditions and weather forecasts are taken into account before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers
Most of the mountain bike routes in Graubünden run along sigle trails that are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
Tips and hintsengadin.com
On gravel road to Tschierv (1660m)
Pass road (approx. 5km) to pass summit Süsom Givè (2149m)
Turn left on flow trail to Alp Buffalora (2038m)
Ascent to Fuorcla del Gallo (2080m) via Jufplaun
Single trail to Lago Livigno
Continue flat to Passo die Fraéle (1952m)
Continue towards Casine di Trela (2170m) on a flow trail over Passo di Val Trela (2295m) to Ponte delle Capre (1810m)
On hard gravel to Livigno (1805m)
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Zernez station.
- Continue by PostBus (from Zernez or Mals) hourly to PostBus stop Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 into Val Müstair as far as Sta. Maria (35 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Sta. Maria.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Sta. Maria.
EquipmentHelmet, gloves, good shoes, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, first aid kit
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others