The start of this tour is at the train station Chur. Cycle out of the city in eastern direction, through the Fürstenwald (forest) to the village of Trimmis. When you have crossed the stream in Trimmis, the ascent begins on the right side up to Says and further up to Stams, where you will have a splendid panorama view. During the summer months, the restaurant in Stams is feasted and you can refresh yourself with some drinks and snacks.
From Stams follow the trail uphill across the meadow. And then the first downill begins on a challenging but ridable single track into direction of Clavadatsch. Back on the street you continue to Valzeina, where the second (but short) ascent begins and leads you up to the Mittagsplatte, where a 120 m high transmitting mast is positioned. Shortly before, you branch off to the left and follow a trail through the meadow to a fence. Here, the second part of the descent begins. At first quite steep and demanding, but soon getting easier and smoother, through the "Schlund" back into the valley. Leave the village of Zizers to your right and continue along Molinära back to Trimmis. After crossing the village, follow the trail to the Rhine river. From there, follow the official cycling path Rhine route No. 2 back to Chur.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.