Sentiago Loop: Motta Naluns – Sent – Sur En – Scuol
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
This route passes through an inaccessible area and is therefore closed. Current information
Below Sent at Chavorgia, a challenge awaits those who love hairpin bends and those who would like to become one. Some hairpin bends are so narrow that they can only be mastered by shifting the rear wheel. As is well known, practice makes perfect and on this section from Sent to the main road to Scuol a few exciting challenges await.
After crossing the main road, you reach the last section to Sur En. Once again, a flowing section follows, which is only interrupted by a small rock garden in the middle of this section to Sur En. Once you have crossed the bridge to the Sur En campsite, you continue into the village of Sur En. Here you are guided by a simple, well-maintained forest path to Pradella. The last section to Scuol follows the forest road along the Inn.
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favourable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be imperatively observed before the tour start. This tour requires a high degree of riding safety, balance and technical skills. There are some large stones and roots on the trail, which are located on precipices, caution is advised.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsBe considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers. The mountain bike routes in Graubünden run largely on single trails that are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
- Start at the valley station Motta Naluns
- Ride on single trail to Jonvai
- From Jonvrai nice straight trail to Salez
- From Salez follows a steep trail to Vastur
- From Vastur forest road to Sent
- From Sent zig-zag trail and stony path to Sur En
- After the Sur En bridge, easy dirt road to Scuol
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp.
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station.
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- Paid parking at the railway station and at the mountain railways in Scuol
- Free parking spaces in Porta and Punt (Scuol Sot)
Author’s map recommendations
- Sommerkarte der Ferienregion Engadin Scuol Zernez (online oder in den Gäste-Informationen)
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others