The Rhine Gorge in Graubünden is one of the most majestic and diverse landscapes in the Alps. The wild gorge combines roaring rapids with steep white cliffs and expansive woodlands.
Distance 87.4 km
Whoever can complete the round tour in a single day from Ilanz, over Sagogn, Flims, Trin to Tamins and back to Ilanz via Bonaduz, Versam and Valendas, can count him or herself a biking-ace. However, for those who enjoy the scenery, it is recommended to do this tour in daily stages. The first pleasure is a choice of three bathing lakes: Laaxersee, Caumasee and the Crestasee. Further on are three different viewing-platforms over the unique landscape of Sardona - which is also a UNESCO world heritage site. A worthwhile detour from Versam into the Safiental is rewarded with a glimpse of delightful old Walser hamlets. There are many places to stay along the biking-route, from camping to five-star resorts.
For those who enjoy the scenery, it is recommended to do this tour in daily stages.
Update: May 20, 2021
Rest StopGasthaus Crestasee
Hotel Alte Post
Grösster Holzbrunnen Europas
Safety informationWatch out for hikers. In the canton of Graubünden we share the paths.
Tips and hintsGuest information Flims Laax Falera
Via Nova 62
Phone: +41 (0)81 920 92 00
Getting thereBy car on the A13 motorway from Zurich to Chur, exit 18 Flims
ParkingParking spaces at Staderas
32T 520642 5185404
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentA repair kit and first aid kit belong in the rucksack.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view