Many castles and mansions can be found in the Domleschg. Some of them are still inhabited nowadays and used as cultural sites or for catering services (Schloss Tagstein & Schloss Schauenstein), while others are fallen into ruin.
This tour is mainly on asphalted and graveled roads. The first part of the tour takes you to the mountainside of Domleschg with the Bonaduzer and Rhäzünser Alp, the Heinzenberg and wonderful views into the Domleschg and Sa-fien valleys. On the second part you leasurely ride through the handsome villages and scenery of the Domleschg valley. The beautiful Canova lake is a good spot for taking a swim and relaxing at the lakeside. The last section then is on the historical Polenweg, a path above the Rhine river, that has been built by Polish internees during the second world war. At the junction of point 665 take a left and ride back to Reichenau-Tamins, the starting point of the tour.
Tips and hints
From Chur the starting point in Reichenau-Tamins can be reached by railway or car (there is a parking area).
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.