From every bike ride, we bring home photos, selfies and snapshots. But most often, there are other images, which are way more valuable – the images inside our head. These are the impressions we brought home from the trails of Piz Scalottas.
Distance 35.7 km
From Thusis, the tour leads to Scharans via Fürstenaubruck. In Scharans, keep to the right and ride along the marked mountain bike path over the old Schyn path to Muldain. This stretch is very beautiful; the path leads along the steep slopes, but it can be traversed without major problems. From Muldain, take the paved lanes to Lain and on to Alp Tgantieni. An alpine path leads over Alp Nova and leaves you below the Scalottas summit. It is worthwhile to make a detour to the summit to take in the view. The descent follows a rough, little-maintained trail until reaching Alp Parnegel. There, another little-maintained ridgeway leads to Terziel. This is the beginning of the real downhill fun. An old path leads to Prodavos Sut and on to the crossing in the direction of old Schyn. From there, follow the marked hiking trails to the Sils power plant next to Thusis.
Update: April 05, 2019
32T 533669 5171702
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view