Scenic route via Alp Laret and Alp Valmala through the beautiful Val Tasna.
Distance 23.5 km
As soon as you arrive at the mountain, you face the first climb on the Clünas traverse up to the reservoir in the direction of Chamanna Naluns and Alp Clünas. Once you have reached the highest point of 2510 m above sea level, you pass the Muot da l'Hom (2509 m) and descend on a single trail to Alp Laret. Along the contour line, a single trail leads to Alp Valmala on the Tasnan mountain stream. On the last stretch before Alp Valmala (1975 m), a little concentration is required as the trail becomes steeper and technical. If you need refreshment, you can enjoy a piece of fresh goat cheese from Alp Valmala. On the following single trail, which leads about four kilometers through the Val Tasna, it's more leisurely - with the soothing splashing of the Tasnan in the background. At Pra da Punt, a bridge leads across to the "God Baselgia" section, which leads up and down to Ftan. The last kilometers back to Scuol in the direction of Pendiularas are covered on a winding forest road from Ftan Pitschen.
Alp Laret invites you to a refreshing rest during the summer season.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: January 20, 2021
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass, along the Lower Engadin to Scuol.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
- Parking right next to the valley station of the Motta Naluns cable car in Scuol
32T 597021 5184941
EquipmentHelmet, gloves, good shoes, goggles, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, first aid kit
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view