The Staderas parking lot marks the start of the tour. From there you follow a large forest road up to the highest point of the tour on Mutta Sura. Here you can already enjoy wonderful views of the Rhine Gorge, also known as the Swiss Grand Canyon. The descent that follows is short but spectacular. A demanding natural single trail with many root passages leads until shortly before the restaurant Conn. The route then continues on the connecting road to the viewing platform “il Spir”. For thousands of years, the Rhine has found its way through the mountains of the Flims rockslide and has thereby created the wonderful Rhine Gorge. From the viewing platform, you follow a further forest path and a short trail section to Lake Cauma. A refreshing dip in the turquoise shimmering mountain lake is well worth it – a mountain panorama just like on the big screen is included. After taking a relaxing break, there is only one last short climb back to the starting point.
HOME OF TRAILS
Incidentally: Danny MacAskill and Claudio Caluori took a relaxing break at Lake Cauma in the "Home of Trails" video.
Tips and hints
Flims Laax Falera Gästeinformation
Telefon +41 (0) 81 920 92 00
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.