Technically less demanding, but altogether long tour for enduring biker.
Distance 59.9 km
This tour includes the descent on the "Alter Schin", a road high above the Albula Gorge into the steep mountain flank, connecting the rear Rhine Valley with the Lenzerheide holiday region. Via Lain and Muldain you reach this partly vertiginous trade route from the Middle Ages. The tour then leads through spectacular rock tunnels and tranquil villages such as Scharans and Tomils down to Domleschg with its southern charm. On the way, many different inns invite you to take a breather. The long round to Chur continues on agricultural side roads and cycle paths before an ascent via the "Polenweg" to Churwalden and then via Salez and the Mittelberg back to Parpan and Lenzerheide. A bit of endurance is required on the day trip, but the technical difficulties are limited.
Update: October 22, 2021
Getting thereVon Basel und Zürich - Chur-Süd (Ausfahrt Nr. 17) - Lenzerheide.
Von Milano - Lugano - San-Bernadino-Tunnel - Thusis - Chur (Ausfahrt Lenzerheide) - Lenzerheide.
ParkingParkplätze Eingangs Lenzerheide oder Talstation Rothornbahn.
32T 542627 5175056
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view