The tour starts from the Lenzerheide tourist office to the Scharmoin valley station, from where you can take the Rothorn cable cars 1 and 2 to the Rothorn summit. The following descent via Gredigs Fürggli through the Schafälpli to Arosa will give all mountain bikers with good riding technique not only adrenaline but also a long-lasting release of happiness hormones. From Arosa, the tour continues along a beautiful road to Ochsenalp and Löser in Tschiertschen. On the way back to Lenzerheide it shows itself again and again from its most scenic side but also remains challenging.
HOME OF TRAILS
By the way: Danny MacAskill and Claudio Caluori also enjoyed the trails on the Parpaner Rothorn in the video "Home of Trails".
Getting thereVon Basel und Zürich - Chur-Süd (Ausfahrt Nr. 17) - Lenzerheide.
Von Milano - Lugano - San-Bernadino-Tunnel - Thusis - Chur (Ausfahrt Lenzerheide) - Lenzerheide.
ParkingParkplätze Eingangs Lenzerheide oder Talstation Rothornbahn.
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.