The tour begins at the Davos Bike Park Färich and leads along the rushing Flüela stream in a leisurely ascent via Tschuggen to the Flüela Pass at 2,382 metres above sea level. Alternatively, the post bus or the legendary "Bike Shuttle Davos" can be used for the ascent. From the trail entrance at the Flüela Hospiz (Flüela Weisshorn side), you simply follow the markings or the rushing Flüela stream valley outwards. At the beginning the trail is very technical, but the longer it is the more flowing it becomes. Especially from Tschuggen on the flow really starts to come up. The fun Flüelatrail from the top of the pass or even just from Tschuggen is very popular as an after-work trail.
Did you know it already? Every Friday the Bike-Shuttle Davos offers the popular TGIF-Run with Friends. "THANK GOD IT′S FRIDAY RUN" is the name of the bike shuttle that takes you and your friends on a tour in the Flüela Valley after work to ring in the weekend. This is how a real bike weekend has to start!
Safety informationIn the destination Davos Klosters there are many managed Alps with livestock farming. You can therefore expect to encounter animals everywhere. We kindly ask you to show consideration and also to drive on the terrain at an appropriate speed.
Getting thereComing from Zurich / St. Margrethen, leave the A13/E43 motorway at Landquart in the direction of Landquart, Davos, Vereina. Follow the N28 until you reach Davos.
ParkingPlease use the public parking spaces in Davos.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.