Short ascent, long descent - and what a great one! Something of the best when it comes to demanding single trail tours in the region.
Distance 11.7 km
After the cableway ascent from Chur to Brambrüesch, a short and pleasant ascent over the Malixeralp to Lake Spundis follows. There you take the exit via Juchs to Chur. And it's got it in it! At the beginning a flowing trail leads across the meadows, which inspires jumps of joy. Later it becomes steeper and more demanding until you have crossed the ravine and descend over a meadow to Alp Juchs. After following the alp road for a short while, a hiking trail soon branches off to the left again. Now begins a technical, partially exposed single trail, traversed by demanding (but with some practice rideable - please avoid abbreviations) hairpin bends. The trail crosses the road several times until one follows the alp road a bit further down. And then after a bend another trail branches off to the right. Here begins a flow firework, the trail leads relatively flat in several sections up to the Rosenhügel above Chur. On this last section, especially before the curves, drive with foresight and caution, as hikers or bikers might also come across. From Rosenhügel one follows the road and behind the Welschdörfli through back to the valley station of the Chur cableways.
Update: October 08, 2021
Highway exit Chur Süd
Drive in direction of the city centre (Kasernenstrasse)
The valley station and parking lot are located in front of the city centre on the right-hand side.
ParkingGuests of the Chur cableways park for free at the parking lot at the cableway station. But you must indicate the plate number of your car at the cash desk!
32T 539362 5186306
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view