The descent leads on a single trail in the direction of Tschietschen. Later one drives on a forest road to Furgglis, where there is a beautiful mountain inn. On another trail over the Geissboden the trail continues down to the pretty mountain village of Tschiertschen. The red shining geraniums and many coloured flowers decorate the wooden houses darkened by the sun. The further descent first follows the main road, changing to a single trail above the road to Praden. There again a bit of descent follows on the road until finally a beautiful single trail branches off to the right through the Steinbach forest and leads to the valley near Meiersboden/Araschgen. From there take the road back to Chur.
Chur, the Alpine City, here a visit to the picturesque Old Town is worthwhile. Refresh yourself, for example, on the Kornplatz with a fine Alpine City ice cream in the Gelateria Evviva Plankis.
Rest StopChurer Joch 2042m
Tips and hintsIf you want to shorten the tour a bit, take the Postbus in Chur (incl. mountain bike transport) to Churwalden or Parpan and start the ascent to the Churer Joch from there.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.