Alp Clünas Circuit
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
Alp Clünas RundtourPhoto: Niculin Meyer, Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
The next ascent to the start of the single trail at the reservoir (2370 m) is strenuous due to the nature of the trail. The crisp single track that follows has a few difficult sections (no fear of heights required), passes Alp Clünas to Muot da l'Hom and ends after a short descent at Alp Laret. Here you can take a break in the alpine restaurant with a view of the Lower Engadine Dolomites.
The trail then leads along the forest road to Ftan/Ftan Pitschen through overgrown rocks and fairytale-like woodland. The last section to Scuol is recommended, depending on your technical ability, on the ascent route or on the challenging single trails of the descent Ftan - Baraigla - Nairs.
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favourable weather conditions, current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before starting the tour. This tour requires a high level of riding safety, balance and technical riding skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Consideration for hikers
Most of the mountain bike routes in Graubünden run on single trails that are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
Tips and hints
- From Scuol-Tarasp (1120m) via Ftan (1630m) to Prui (2060m)
- Higher trail to Motta Naluns and Chamanna Naluns
- Ascent to the reservoir (2370m), Chamanna Schlivera
- Single trail past Alp Clünas to Muot da l'Hom
- Descent to Alp Laret, Sass Majur and Muglin to Ftan/Ftan Pitschen
- Return the same as the outward route or via the Ftan-Baraigla-Nairs single trail.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station.
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station.
- For the short loop (only from/to Ftan) from Scuol-Tarasp by PostBus (hourly) to PostBus stop Ftan, cumün.
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- Paid parking available at the railway station and at the mountain lifts in Scuol.
- For the short loop (only from/to Ftan) there is paid parking at the valley station of the Ftan-Prui chairlift.
Author’s map recommendations
- SwissTopo 1:25‘000: Scuol 1199: ISBN-Nummer: 978-3-302-01199-8
- Supertrail Map 1:50‘000: Unterengadin/Samnaun: ISBN 978-3-905916-45-4
EquipmentHelmet, gloves, good shoes, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, first aid kit
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others