Technically demanding enduro tour to Arosa, Chur and back. Highlight is the fantastic single trail from Gredigs Fürggli to Arosa as well as the descent through the Urdental to Tschiertschen.
Distance 58.2 km
The Älpliseetrail is one of the most beautiful trails in the Rothorn massif. The tour starts at the information office in Lenzerheide. After the first few metres through Lenzerheide, you can comfortably take the train to the Rothorn summit. From there it's on the Bike Attack route (No. 611) through the gallery to Gredigs Fürggli. Here the tour turns right. Through the Schafälpli valley in the direction of Arosa, or to the valley station of the Hörnli Express. This takes you comfortably back to Hörnli. Now it's on a technically challenging single trail through the Urdental to Tschiertschen. Once you have arrived in Tschiertschen, you take the cantonal road to Chur. Shortly before Passugg the tour turns off again to a single trail. From Chur you can either take the post bus back to Lenzerheide or via Brambrüesch - Churwalden - Alp Stätz.
Update: May 04, 2021
Safety informationThe singletrail between Gredigs Fürggli and Arosa is technically demanding and partly exposed.
Tips and hints
Lenzerheide Marketing und Support AG
Voa Principala 80
Tel: +41 81 385 57 21
32T 542622 5175024
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view