The imposing castle ruins of Zignau and Schlans face each other on opposite sides of the gentle Surselva slopes, as if resembling a gateway to mark the beginning or end of this breathtaking bike tour. This tour quite simply has everything a biker could wish for.
An Alpine to high-Alpine route with numerous height metres, testing passes, breathtaking views, remote valleys and sensational trails. A gentle, simple meadow trail winds over the Durannapass, the ascent to the Strelapass is steep, rough and challenging and the Kunkelspass is romantic biking bliss. The top highlight is the seemingly unspectacular section between Filisur and Lenzerheide. This cave, meadow, forest, tunnel and reed-bed trail is great fun and will also give less experienced bikers a true biking tingle.
The technically and physically demanding route is recommended for experienced bikers and best travelled in high summer and early autumn.
Safety informationIn Davos Klosters there are many alps with livestock farming. Therefore, you can expect to encounter animals everywhere. Please be considerate and drive the terrain at an appropriate speed.
Tips and hints
Surselva Tourismus AG
Meierhof 26 / Postfach 50
Destination Davos Klosters
Information & Gästeberatung Davos Dorf
7260 Davos Dorf
Tel. +41 81 415 21 21, Fax +41 81 415 21 00
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.