The Hochwang – Peisteralp route is a delight for all bike riders. After a descent to Molinis, the route climbs briskly and conttinues all the way to the Skihaus Hochwang. From there you return to Arosa via Peisteralp, Pirigen and Langwies.
Distance 37.1 km
The circular tour to the Schanfigg Valley is of an attractive. From Arosa the route leads via the reservoir to Litzirüti and then on to Molinis. Single tracks and forest roads set riders’ pulses racing. In Molina the route starts to climb steeply via Pagig and Triemal to Skihaus Hochwang. As the climb is made on the tarred Alpine road, it is negotiable in every weather. Once you arrive at the top, treat yourself to a well-deserved break. In addition to food and drink, the Restaurant Hochwang offers a gorgeous view of large tracts of the Schanfigg. After a short break, you head for the Peisteralp. There is a stretch of about 300 metres at the start which is not ride-able for all cyclists but can easily be managed on foot across a meadow. From here the route continues along the Schanfigger Höhenweg and attractive single tracks to the Peisteralp. Then a beautiful and fast decent takes you down to Langwies from where you ascend ascent through a peaceful forest.
Stopp im Berggasthaus Triemel oder Berggasthaus Pirigen
Update: November 12, 2020
Getting thereAb Chur gehts ca. 40 Minuten auf kurvenreicher Strasse aufwärts. Die Schanfiggerstrasse schlängelt sich durchs Tal und überwindet auf 30km und rund 360 Kurven 1320m Höhendifferenz.
ParkingBeim Obersee am Dorfeingang befindet sich das Parkhaus Ochsenbühl in welchem Sie für CHF 6.00 im Tag parkieren können.
32T 551874 5181304
Book recommendation by the author
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view