The Churwalden Panoramic Tour is for leisure cyclists as well as beginners. The route does not require much in the way of technical cycling ability, and the climbs are regular and mostly on asphalted roads or tracks.
Distance 19.7 km
It's a pleasant start to the tour at the Churwalden information office as we head off in the direction of Chur to the monastery at the edge of the village of Churwalden. From there the first short climb along a good forestry track leads up through the Chlosterwald forest. The tour continues above the cantonal road through the small settlements of Oberhus and Spina to Malix. Next up is a steady uphill section some 7 km long on an asphalted road, past the village of Brambrüesch to the Malixeralp. It is well worth the effort as from here on a beautiful panoramic route takes us back to Churwalden along a single trail and forest tracks via Galtialp and Bärenalp through the Pradaschierer forest. Those looking for a fast-paced descent of a different kind will take the short detour from Bärenalp to Pradaschier and the world's longest toboggan run.
Update: May 14, 2020
Getting thereÜber die A13 und B3 nach Churwalden.
ParkingKostenlose Parkplätze am Skilift.
32T 541431 5180592
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view