A great variety and an interesting tour. From tarmac to forest paths, across fields and single trails over different terrain. Highlights include the Rhaetian Railway - UNESCO World Heritage, holiday locations - Bergün and Filisur or the mineral bath Alvaneu Bad as an added extra.
Distance 64.9 km
Destination - Alvaneu Bad. The mineral springs were discovered by the Romans, who first used them for their healing purposes. Today the complex includes both a spa and wellness bath. But before all this get on the bike to Filisur and Bergün. The villages are strongly influenced by the Rhaetian Railway and particularly the Albula Bernina line, which runs through them. Over mixed terrain - roads, gravel surface and single trails the tour passes through Alvaneu Dorf and Surava until it reaches Brienz. The Solis bridge below Alvaschein offers a breath-taking view of the Albula gorge. The final ascent on the asphalt is worth the climb. From Stierva a spectacular 400-metre descent drops down to Tiefencastel. At the end the rewards await you in a well-earned rest in the spa bath in Alvaneu Bad.
Update: February 14, 2020
Safety informationIn Davos Klosters there are many alps with livestock farming. Therefore, you can expect to encounter animals everywhere. Please be considerate and drive the terrain at an appropriate speed.
Getting thereAuf der A13 und der B3 nach Tiefencastel, von dort auf der Hauptstraße nach Alvaneu Bad.
ParkingParkmöglichkeiten im Dorfzentrum.
32T 549361 5168285
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view