Gentle panoramic hike over terraces on the southern slopes between Scuol and Sent with plenty of sunshine and a permanent view over the Inn to the Lischan Group.
Distance 13.3 km
The gentle terraced landscape on the southern foothills of the Silvretta attracts hikers as early as spring with lots of sunshine, a pleasant gradient and wonderful views. The panoramic hike leads from the Scuol hospital gently uphill through terraces, fields and meadows to Vastur, through Sent and down to the Inn at Sur En. The flora changes according to the seasons, the fauna captivates from spring to autumn with its diversity: in particular the forest edges and bushes form an important habitat for various bird and insect species.
A stop for a piece of homemade cake in the mountain restaurant Vastur is always recommended. Tired legs will benefit from scooters that are available for a comfortable descent to Sent.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: October 25, 2021
Rest stopsRestorant Vastur
Restorant Sper la Punt
Safety informationThe tour has been assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that current weather conditions and forecasts are taken into account before starting the tour. This hike does not require any Alpine experience or orientation skills, hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsIn Sur En there is a rope park, a sculpture trail, and several places to stop for refreshments.
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- Paid parking at the station and below the hospital
32T 599538 5183600
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view