From Samnaun Dorf up to Zeblasjoch and the Sulner Glacier
Distance 14.5 km
From Samnaun Dorf you ascend the path over the field road steadily uphill to Val Musauna, always along Schergenbach. The trail becomes steeper from point 2087 onwards and leads up to the Zeblas pastures. From here it is not far to cross Zeblasjoch and the national border to Austria. From Zeblasjoch the path returns the same way for about 600 metres and then turns right past the hunting lodge and a small lake towards Sulnerferner. For the last 500 metres you walk along the former lateral moraine of the glacier, which formed at its peak around 1850. At the foot of the glacier you might imagine being in a high alpine landscape, framed by Piz Vadret (Sulnerspitz) and the mighty flank of Piz Rots. There is not much left to see of the glacier: only a small ice field that is completely covered with scree. But the view onto the Samnaun valley is uniquely beautiful. The path leads back again to the Zeblas pasture and down to Samnaun Dorf.
We advise against taking the path from Diretissima via Chavrà to Pischa, as it is no longer maintained.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair
Update: February 02, 2021
Safety informationThe tour has been evaluated under favorable weather conditions. Current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before the tour starts. This hike requires elementary alpine experience, orientation skills, hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.samnaun.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) Then take the H27 in the direction via Scuol and Martina to Vinadi. At the junction Vinadi to Samnaun (about 1 hour from Vereina Südportal)
- From the east: via the Inn valley road B180 via Landeck to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on B180 to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
ParkingFree parking in Samnaun village (Chasa Riva, Musella or Votlas)
32T 603363 5199748
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view