Impressive hiking tour through the gorgeous Lavoitobel to the Ringelspitz hut and along the Kunkelspass back to Tamins.
Distance 15.6 km
The village of Tamins is the starting point of this exciting round trip. In the northern rim of the village you walk northwards into the Lavoitobel. The wild and secluded valley is home of deer, chamois and many local birds. In the end of the valley there is a rather steep ascent to the Ringelspitz hut, which is open during the whole summertime and on sunny weekends in spring and fall. Ideal for a lunch break or why not spending a night in the beautiful surrounding of the Alps. The descent follows the hiking route to Grossalp - Kunkelspass - Foppaloch - Tamins.
Update: February 08, 2018
32T 530962 5186262
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view